Current Drought Conditions in the United States and Kansas
Drought Planning Tools For RanchersThe following link is a new site under development by the National Drought Mitigation Center. This site is not public as yet, but you are invited to participate and use this site. You can enter "reviewer" for username and "ranchplan" for password to log on to the site. After you log on, click on one of the green tabs and you should be able to navigate the site. There are still features that have not be developed as yet. We will let you know when this site goes public. The National Drought Mitigation Center contact for this site is Tonya Haigh, Research Specialist,(402) 472-6781, email@example.com).
Others Providing Drought Assistance/Information
- KGA's Kansas Winter Grazing Conference - "Managing Drought Risk on the Ranch"
- USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) Kansas State Office
- USDA Risk Management Agency (RMA) Pasture, Rangeland, Forage Crop Insurance
- Kansas Department of Agriculture - Kansas Drought Information
- K-State Research and Extension - "Drought Information"
- Kansas Farm Bureau - Hay and Pasture Exchange
- USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) - Hay Net
- Noble Foundation - Managing During Drought
- "Drought Calculators" from the Noble Foundation
- Colorado State University Extension - Managing Small Acreage Pastures During and After Drought
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln - Ag Manager's Toolbox
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln - EC91-123 Drought Management on Range and Pastureland: A handbook for Nebraska and South Dakota
- Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism - 2011 Drought Impact on Kansas Upland Birds
- Drought Management in the Southern Plains (recent webinar)